Website Capture Technologies
An Employee-Owned Company
This position is responsible for performing the accounting and analysis required to support the Finance department and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks, maintaining reports and compliance filings, preparing and analyzing financial reports, journal entries and reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accounts Payable – set up new vendors, enter invoices daily, record vendor payments, reconcile vendor statements
- Complete year end Form 1099 preparation and maintain Form W-9s
- Accounts Receivable – daily cash application and collection calls as needed. Communicating with customers to address any past due invoices on their account
- Reporting – prepare weekly A/R and A/P reports for management
- Performing basic accounting procedures incl. time billing, Payroll (back-up), G/L maintenance, tax payments and inventory control
- Monthly reconciliation and posting of credit card activity
- Monthly Sales Tax reporting
- Monthly Workers Compensation reporting
- Month end – Assist Accounting Manager with month end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure all active projects are covered by valid, binding contracts and that we renew multi-city business licenses and file all required compliance forms
- Produce financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special accounting projects from time to time
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Candidate should have a A.S. in Accounting w/ 2+ year of experience, or a minimum of 5 years of Bookkeeping experience; B.S. in Accounting preferred
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software
- QuickBooks experience and Intermediate Excel skills are a must,
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of debits & credits and general ledgers
- Candidate should also be very Customer Service oriented, responsive to emails and should be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter details to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org